Tuesday, March 1, 2011

30 Days...

Notice that is. Today, along with our rent check we included our 30 day notice. We moved to this live/work loft in May of 09' and have since out grown it's amenities with the addition of our little Miss Caroline. We are ready for a home with a yard, a bathtub and rooms that have doors you can close. It's a bitter sweet time as we are also giving our 30 day notice to the Eugene/Springfield area. April 1st we will officially be residents of Portland. I'm not sure that it has sunk in yet but already I am feeling the pangs of sadness as I leave the convenience of seeing my friends and family. Luckily this move is only a few hours away and not thousands of miles. Portland will open many new avenues for Chris as an artist and for me as a burgeoning mother. This move is much different from the previous few that Chris and I have made with each other, as this time we have a 6 month old and a very large shop to move along with the house. I guess what I'm saying here is... we need help. Lots of it. So to all our wonderful friends whatever support you can offer will be appreciated beyond expression.

2 comments:

  1. What a big step! I'm so happy for you guys. As much as I love your studio, I'm sure it's getting trickier and trickier to make it work with Caroline. As for the move, I SO wish I was there to help you out. But, I promise, moves are made with small children every day. And while it does complicate things, it's totally doable. Be glad she isn't able to unpack your boxes for you as your go, yet! I had two unpackers following me around last move and that was seriously the worst part! Can't wait to hear details about where in Portland you will be and all that! I'm here for moral support if you start to lose it at any point! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and happy trails!! I wish I could be there to help, too...I love you guys xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete