Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Baby Shower 6/26/10

Apparently your brain volume decreases in your last trimester. I tried to think of something catchy and clever to title this entry.... and got nothing. I'm willing to admit that the pregnancy is an easy scape goat.. my lack of creativity may have nothing to do with my small wonder :)

I've always LOVED baby showers. I love the games, the comradery, the prizes, oohing and awing over all the little baby things and participating in the tradition of welcoming and preparing for another beautiful soul. Now it was my turn.

Team "Baby Carlson" which consisted of 5 of my dearest gal pals (including my mother) created the most amazing baby shower I've ever been to (yes, I realize there is a bias but if you were there you'd agree it was a really great shower). They divided up the responsibilities so that no one person was left footing the largest portion of the bill or overwhelmed with the biggest responsibilities. It went off with out a hitch. The games were fun, the food was delicious, the weather (thought little on the warm side) was delightful and it seemed that a good time was had by all.... 

No shower would be complete with out...
photo by Chris Carlson

photo by Laura Osen
photo by Laura Osen
photo by Laura Osen

photo by Laura Osen
photo by Chris Carlson




Thank you to all those who put their time and energy into making my shower so wonderful. It's a day I'll never forget.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I was so sad I couldn't be there to celebrate with you, so it's comforting to see you managed to have a good time without me ; ). Kidding aside, it looked like a really fun shower for a beautiful, well-deserving mama! Can't wait to meet your little munchkin! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there...I LOVE the photos. I was definitely there in spirit, though. And thank you for the beautiful candle favor...I will treasure it forever. I love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete