Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baby in my Belly

22 weeks tomorrow and wouldn't you believe that this belly of mine has come a long way. Chris has taken a picture of me almost every week since we found out we were expecting and for the sake of time and possible boredom I picked out the ones that showed progression. I just looked at another girl's pictures from her pregnancy and it's left me feeling... uh... well... rather big large. I'm chalking it up to my baby having a big brain. As I blame all weirdness on that.


Week 6. I had actually lost some weight at this point due to my severe nausea (no barfing yet). It started on Christmas day and lasted through December. Joy. Just look at my face, I'm totally stoked (those jeans are Levis 501 with a 30" waist). And skinny. Skoked if you will.




Week 12. Most of you were still in the dark at this point, but my little secret was just starting to make it's appearance. By this point I was at the end of barf fest 2010. I felt bloated most of the time which left me wondering if my little bump was really baby or just gas. My husband likes to spray paint the walls in the shop.
Week 14. This is my 'coming out of the closet' week. The beginning of the second trimester marked a pivotal point in my pregnancy. No more barfy barf. And, the cat was out of the bag. That might be the last picture of what use to be stomach muscle and as you can see I've made up for any weight I didn't put on in the first trimester. Welcome puffy face. It is at this point that I admit to myself that I use to have a flat stomach, as I never knew that till I didn't have one anymore. We went on a business trip to Vegas this week and all my cute and sexy clothes were no longer an option as I wasn't willing to risk looking like a girl who wished she was that size. A friend of mine gave me some dress-like tops. They were flattering and comfy ~ two things that don't usually occur at the same time in women's clothes... well... not cute ones.

                            
Week 18. I was introduced to these amazing things called maternity pants. OMG. They are like wearing sweatpants that LOOK like jeans. If everybody else knew what they felt like we'd all be wearing them. Trust me here. What a relief! I was so proud to be done wondering 'is that gas' and knowing 'oh yeah, that's a baby'. I started thinking that everyone would know I was pregnant at this point. My husband informed me that to an average onlooker who had never met me it looked like a fat belly. My friends in college and I use to joke about the front gut. I coined it a 'joey' as it looked like a kanga with a roo... I officially had a 'joey'. 

                             
Week 21. We took this picture last night. Last week we found out that we are having a baby girl. Shortly after she started her karate lessons inside my womb. She is so active I can barely believe it every time it happens. It's crazy to watch as your stomach tries to jump off your body. I love her. 




10 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! You are glowing and rockin' that joey like no one else could. Love you and that black belt kicker you've got : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, girl...you are beautiful and so is your belly!!!! Love it! Thanks so much for this and keep those belly pictures comming!! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - awesome background...love the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaaaY! I love the photos you look great! :) Sean and I did the same thing, and after you have her, it will be fun to look back at them and say wow, that was my little girl in there! It sure is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! The positive feedback is always a relief as you start wondering 'is this really normal' when you look at yourself in the mirror! I can't wait to meet her and we're only half way there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful!!! You look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your belly! Thanks for not being scared to share, I love how tan your looking in the last pic ;) It's crazy to see the transformation of you. You look so much more grown up in your last photo from your first. No I don't mean this in any sort of 'weight' or bloated way, I would tell you that, I don't sugar coat things :). You do just look like more of a 'woman', you've got that 'I'm a hot mom' thing going on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luckily for you it looks like the only thing growing on you is your belly!!! Lookin great girl, that sure is one happy mama smile in all those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you almost started crying reading all of those wonderfull things you are going to be a great mom catie mae I love you Steph.

    ReplyDelete